In 1968 Dr. Alan Rathwell opened the Navan Veterinary Clinic.
In the period of time since then the practice has grown and many changes have taken place.
Between 1968 and 1996 the practice grew from a one person practice to a six person practice and inluded both large and small animal medicine.

In 1996 the practice was split into large and small animal segments and the small animal portion was sold and is now running as a separate business.

In 1998 we expanded by purchasing the Food Animal segment of Carleton Veterinary Services and then in 2003 we moved from 1364 Colonial Rd to a new building at 3425 Trim Rd in Navan.